Houzz has identified the “it” kitchen features. So if a kitchen renovation is on your to-do list, take a look at the design trends Houzz from the “U.S. Houzz Kitchen Trends Study,” released this year.
Among the findings:
• Durable floors and countertops are top picks among all age groups.
• Gray is the top pick as a wall color.
• Stainless steel appliances continue to dominate.
• Great rooms are popular and over half of kitchens open to nearby rooms.
• Spending is on the rise and nearly one in 10 homeowners spent more than $100,000 on a kitchen renovation in 2016. Twenty percent spent between $50,000 and $100,000.
• Custom cabinets are a top choice and 76 percent of survey respondents opt for built-in.
The Houzz data are broken down in all sorts of useful ways. For example, you can see the kitchen styles and features that are most popular, along with the importance that various demographic groups place on features and upgrades so you can gear a kitchen renovation to your target buyer.